Christmas Lights Up
Every year on the last Thursday in November, Wheathampstead comes together on the High Street to see the sparkly Christmas lights switched on.
This event originally came about as a way to provide local businesses the opportunity to step outside their shops or offices and celebrate the start of the festive period with residents.
In 2019, the event will include fairground rides for children, a performance by the school choirs (Beech Hyde Primary and St Helens CofE Primary) Christmas carol singing, Santa’s Grotto, BBQ and freshly made pizza, mulled wine and new to this year, a mini Christmas market.
Wrap up warm and make sure you join us to see the lights switched on at 6pm!
Our Mini Christmas Market stalls include:
- Over the Moon – An extensive range of gifts, floral arrangements and cards for all occasions. Visit them on Facebook here.
- Chantal’s Gifts – Individually hand decorated gifts, mugs and cards. Visit her on Facebook here.
- Kim Williams – Handmade Christmas decorations, fairy doors and much more.
- Marford Road Dental Surgery – Meet the new owners and maybe get a goody or two!
- Brownie’s Sweet Table – Sweets galore! All funds raised will be donated to Restart, a charity supporting injured rugby players.