The WCG has been serving the village of Wheathampstead and surrounding areas for 45 years. WCG is a registered charity that aims to provide help and support to any resident of the village. David Johnston is the current Chairman.
- We organise transport for people who cannot get to hospital, doctors appointments or collect prescriptions
- We provide an Internet Cafe at the The Library every Tuesday morning (currently suspended due to Covid-19)
- We help people in financial difficulty where there is a specific need, e.g. groceries vouchers, school uniform
- We can provide practical help e.g. DIY or gardening for those unable to cope with it themselves
- We run a Companionship network for people who are lonely and want a regular visit or phone call from a friendly volunteer
- We arrange lunch at The Bull for individuals over the age of 75 and living alone
- We liaise with other voluntary and statutory agencies and lobby on specific issues affecting Wheathampstead residents.
- We are a visible presence within the Wheathampstead Parish and we are all volunteers.