We, St Albans District Council, Herts County Council and Herts Police are aware of the unauthorised encampment on Butterfield Playing Fields. Police visited the site early this morning.
Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 July 2019
Village Weekend is run by a handful of wonderful volunteers and every year we desperately need more people to help!! Are you able to help lighten the load so that all three events can run smoothly?
Click on the button below to see a list of activities/jobs that need doing
- You can put your name down for any jobs you wish to help with.
- Everyone who has access to it will see which slots you have put your name down for immediately.
- Once you have chosen a slot/s, please email Ellie at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info. In accordance with data protection, your contact info will only be used for the purpose of volunteering.
- If you are not comfortable writing your name on this form, please note your initials or just write ‘filled’.
Working with Herts County Council and using s106 funding, Wheathampstead Parish Council is enhancing the grassland adjacent to the Butterfield Nature Reserve and extending accessible access to the Village.
We aim to:
- Restore chalk grassland habitat by removing scrub and vegetation
- Retain neutral grassland habitat by replacing aging grazing infrastructure and securing the fence to the sheep enclosure
- Install new 1.16km hard surfaced circular path and redress existing path to improve access and link with public footpath network.
Map of site
- Sheep enclosure edged blue
- New circular path with additional spur to Rights of Way network in red
- Yellow denotes the footway along The Hill/ B651 Wheathampstead-Nomansland- Sandridge
WHEATHAMPSTEAD PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF VACANCY
in the office of
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a casual vacancy has arisen in the Office of Parish Councillor for the Parish of Wheathampstead.
If by 21 July 2021 (14 days* after the date of this notice), a request for an election to fill the said vacancy is made in writing to:
The Proper Officer, St Albans City and District Council, Civic Centre, St Peters Street, St Albans AL1 3JE, signed by TEN electors for the said Parish, an election will be held to fill the said vacancy.
If an election is not requested, the vacancy will be filled by the Wheathampstead Parish Council by co-option in accordance with the Local Elections (Parishes & Communities) Rules 2006.
If an election is requested, the election will take place on a date determined by the Returning Officer within 60 days* from the date of this notice.
Dated: 1 July 2021
Julia Warren – Parish Clerk
Wheathampstead Parish Council
The Memorial Hall
*In computing any period of time for this purpose, a Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Good Friday, or bank or public holidays or any day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning must be disregarded.
The glass covering of one floodlight at the artificial turf pitch (commonly referred to as the astro) was found smashed during the morning on 23 June 2021. We believe the damage occurred the previous night, some time between 9pm on Monday 22 June and 10am on Tuesday 23 June.
If you saw anything suspicious, please contact 101 and provide the crime reference number for this incident – 41/47314/21.
Sadly damage like this is extremely expensive, given the specialist equipment required to fix the same. We urge anyone who sees/saw anything suspicious to speak with the police as soon as possible so that we can try to prevent this from happening again.
Communities 1st have compiled a list of 34 sources of funding available for charity sector organisations across Hertsmere, St Albans and beyond.
The funding has been split into these categories:
- Funding for Communities
- Funding for Disadvantaged Communities & Minority Groups
- Funding for Older People
- Funding for Children and Young People
- Covid-19 Centred Funding
- Mental Health Funding
- Digital Funding
- Other Funding
Could your organisation/group benefit from a grant that covers one of these areas?
Due to COVID, booking is necessary. Enjoy!
The Wheathampstead Project (commonly referred to as Youth Club) returns tonight, Tuesday 15 June 2021. Send your teens to The Memorial Hall this evening – entry is free!