Working with Herts County Council and using s106 funding, Wheathampstead Parish Council is enhancing the grassland adjacent to the Butterfield Nature Reserve and extending accessible access to the Village.
We aim to:
- Restore chalk grassland habitat by removing scrub and vegetation
- Retain neutral grassland habitat by replacing aging grazing infrastructure and securing the fence to the sheep enclosure
- Install new 1.16km hard surfaced circular path and redress existing path to improve access and link with public footpath network.
Map of site
- Sheep enclosure edged blue
- New circular path with additional spur to Rights of Way network in red
- Yellow denotes the footway along The Hill/ B651 Wheathampstead-Nomansland- Sandridge