Join us! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a link to the meeting.
You can find a trail map, plus more info HERE.
If you are a business interested in getting involved, you can also find more info HERE.
CAN YOU SPARE AN HOUR TO HELP US SET UP AND RUN THIS EVENT?
Community events are run on a tight budget and often require “all hands on deck”. Simply put – we need volunteers! If you can help, please complete this two minute form forms.gle/X3tMiPz4isGaKT4o7
This event is being run in conjunction with Wheathampstead Businesses. Part of this event is to be funded by a grant from St Albans District Council’s ‘Welcome Back Fund’, a scheme which forms part of the EU’s European Regional Development Fund.
Book your space today on HAPpy Activity Finder – Herts Sports Partnership (sportinherts.org.uk)
Working with Herts County Council and using s106 funding, Wheathampstead Parish Council is enhancing the grassland adjacent to the Butterfield Nature Reserve and extending accessible access to the Village.
We aim to:
- Restore chalk grassland habitat by removing scrub and vegetation
- Retain neutral grassland habitat by replacing aging grazing infrastructure and securing the fence to the sheep enclosure
- Install new 1.16km hard surfaced circular path and redress existing path to improve access and link with public footpath network.
Map of site
- Sheep enclosure edged blue
- New circular path with additional spur to Rights of Way network in red
- Yellow denotes the footway along The Hill/ B651 Wheathampstead-Nomansland- Sandridge
Due to COVID, booking is necessary. Enjoy!
Click here to see how residents of Wheathampstead can get involved with the Sustainability Festival 2021.
Monday marks the start of Mental Health Awareness Week. Research shows that connecting with nature has the power to both prevent and aid recovery from poor mental health.
Voting for all Wheathampstead electors is in the Memorial Hall. To make arrangements Covid secure there is a one way system, but you will see directions. Just arrive, as usual, but with your mask and cast that vote. If you have a postal vote and forgot to post it off, follow the instructions, pop it in its envelopes and this can also be taken to one of the polling stations in the Memorial Hall.